If at all possible we recommend that you stay away from magnetic signs as they are known to cause severe paint damage. We have clear substrates for those who would rather not have their vehicles directly painted upon.
Applying Your Magnetic Sign
- If possible, affix to a clean, smooth, flat or gently rolling metallic surface.
- Make sure the entire magnet is flat against the metal surface (.i.e., no air pockets) and that you do not place them over any trim, door handle recesses or anything that would create a gap between the magnet and your vehicle. Event he smallest of gaps may allow the wind to rip the sign right off of your vehicle.
- If you place the magnet in the wrong position, completely remove the sign from the surface and re-affix. Do Not pull the magnet across the surface, or it may stretch due to the resistance caused by the high magnetic strength. Also, if there are any dirt particles (even fine dust) between the magnet and the metal surface, pulling the magnet across the surface could leave scratches.
- Avoid use on horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight (such as automobile hoods) or temperatures exceeding 150° F (66° C).
- Be aware that long-term use on surfaces frequently exposed to sunlight (such as vehicles) can result in uneven fading of the surface because the magnet-covered area is shielded from ultraviolet rays.
- Avoid use on non-metallic body fillers, simulated wood grain siding and repainted surfaces with thick layers of paint. (Can reduce optimal contact with metal surface.)
How to Clean Your Magnetic Sign!
- To guard against moisture and dirt buildup between the magnet and the metal surface (particularly on outdoor applications), remove the magnet at regular intervals. Clean both the magnet and the metal surface with mild detergent; wipe with a soft cloth or allow to air-dry.
- To protect fresh clear coat, base coat and/or vinyl surfaces on new vehicles, remove signs daily.
For vehicle-mounted signs, we recommend removal and cleaning daily!
How to Store Your Magnetic Sign
- When not using the sign, keep it in a clean, dry place.
- If you can, stack the signs on a level surface.
- Avoid placing objects (such as cartons) on the top that could damage the face.
- Do not stack with magnetic sides facing each other.
- If you prefer to roll the signs up, roll with the vinyl / painted side out and stand on end to keep them from developing flat spots.